Originally published at: https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/windows-client-1-0-3-1-more-backup-and-threat-detection-plugins/
- New Carbonite plugin reports type of backup, last backup date, and other settings.
- New Arcserve plugin reports last backup date, status, and other settings.
- New Malwarebytes plugin checks status and reports on any found threats and automatic shield threat detections.
- New Windows Defender plugin reports found threats and the status of Windows Defender.
- Account expiration reporting added to Mozy plugin.
- New Report Reboot plugin that reports when a system first reports after a shutdown/reboot state. This plugin can be activated under the Operations panel in the Monitoring Client Control Panel.
- Added last hibernation boot date to Operating System plugin when applicable.
- Holding Ctrl while clicking on the Contact Menu presents an option to run the Monitoring Client.
- Added liquid variables to Contact Menu.
- Added reporting of volume media (ssd vs rotational) as metadata for Volumes plugin.
- When the Monitoring Client is removed, the method of client removal (remote vs manual) is displayed on its Computer Record.
- New MonitoringClientUpdater service checks for updates daily, independently from the Monitoring Client service.
- Internal Contact Menu additions for upcoming features.
- CrashPlan plugin ignores incomplete CrashPlan account setups, unless there is at least one other complete account.
- Removed offline as a printer status as it would report when the connection was disconnected, but the printer was not necessarily offline. Whitespace is no longer be reported as a printer attribute.
- Added contained drives to summary for failing devices.
- Split Volumes plugin to Root Drive and Volumes.
- Added attempts to install Beacon Reporting if it does not exist as a service.
- Renamed Windows Defender plugin to fix issue with Malwarebytes false positive.
- Installer no longer prompts the user to close Monitoring Client or Beacon Client services.
- Fixed issue where service would sometimes not start after a system shutdown, resulting in the computer showing as Missing in our Dashboard.
- Windows Activation plugin now shows entire License Status.
- Fixed issue where Contact Menu did not have enough rights to be created.
- Changed error catching system to lower possibility of crashing.
- We are currently reviewing an issue where Symantec AV may quarantine portions of our agent as a false-positive.
- There is a small chance disabled plugins may re-enable for some subscribers. This should not happen again.