Originally published at: Mac Client – 6.7.2 – Command Line Tooling, oh, and more malware — Watchman Monitoring®
- New command line tooling options via “RunClient”
- Plugins can be enabled using –enable/–disable
- Plugins can be enumerated via –list-plugins
- Improved support and reporting on battery service
- Logs if Flash is present on any given Mac via a dedicated plugin result
- Adds additional tech specs such as iBridge
- Issues with the PreferencePane’s visibility in Dark mode are prevented, full support will be added in a later update
- Improved handling of unreadable plist files
- Uses a dedicated key in each plugin to control its enablement. This replaces a “PluginsDisabled” array.
- Backwards compatibility is provided via support for disabling any plugin added to this array; however, the array will be emptied on each agent’s run.
- Subscribers who manage plugins in custom scripts should read more in this article.
- Increased accuracy in FileWave version reporting where server’s FileWave model has not changed
- Administrative permissions are no longer needed to submit logs for review
- Corrects additional permissions issues.
ABOUT THE UPDATE PROCESS
- Automatic deploy release on Wednesday, 21 April 2021, visit your Installers Page to initiate early release.
- The auto-update process will apply to computers as they perform their hourly check in.
- Not receiving updates across your install base? How to handle out-of-date agents.
- These are known issues.
Please note: Older installers may not work with M1-based computers. Learn more about old installer versions.