Originally published at: https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/mac-client-6-6-2-filevault-false-mount-and-malware-detection/
New Solarwinds Mac-MSP (Gruntwork) plugin.
- Reduces “There is an error in the software. Please reinstall." messages.
- Reduces "The server appears to be having an issue. Possibly every one of your clients is reporting this problem. Please contact support." messages.
- Reduces the need to ‘roll logs’.
- Additional malware definitions.
- Added SMART reporting support for newer NVMe based disks.
- No longer reporting False Mount alerts for Preboot folders (they are still false mounts, but are not worth taking action)
- FileVault status with APFS on macOS 10.13 .
- Resolved an issue causing false SMART status reports.
- Using defaults write to disable certain plugins is no longer ignored.
- Reboot alerts will no longer re-enable themselves.
- Daylite Server backup warning incorrectly when there is a current backup.
- macOS is creating many false mounts for network volumes. These are still false mounts, but the prevalence of alerts will be reduced further in a coming release of our agent.
False Time Machine warnings due to incorrect reports generated from the Time Machine log.
- Causes random “your Mac hasn’t been backed up in XX days”. Generally a really large number of days. On next backup all is good and Watchman Monitoring reports correctly.
- Using iCloud Drive and/or iCloud Documents and Desktop causes the Finder to report different data usage then Watchman Monitoring.
- Beta support for Carbon Copy Cloner 5 available. Please contact support for beta access.