- Malware Reporting has been expanded to include Genieo and VSearch
- Battery and health information improvements,
- Lowered time after reboot before the next report was sent.
- Previously the agent would wait up to 10 minutes before reporting after a reboot. v5.2.5 will test every few moments to see if the network stack is up and then report.
- Time Machine reporting is skipped in the first hour after a reboot, as a means to cut down on false positives.
Malware has come to the mac. Currently, if you search for Adobe Flash Player, the first result is often as sponsored ad which offers a Very Convincing adobe-looking website where your end-user can download “Installer.” Once installed, this bad boy will throw up ads after a while, and generally be the kind of thing you might want to help remove.
The question becomes - is Watchman Monitoring anti-malware? Well, yes and no. We only run hourly, so we’re not going to warn immediately, but that’s Ok. Watchman Monitoring may not catch everything, so you may want to look in to a more formal product such as ClamAV, AVG, Sophos, etc. (But which of those is problem free… sigh)
Take a look in our Github Repo to read about what we do catch: