Originally published at: Linux Release – 18.104.22.168 – Plugin Handling and Updates — Watchman Monitoring®
- New command line tooling options via “run-client”
- Plugins can be enabled using –enable/–disable
- Plugins can be enumerated via –list-plugins
- Improved logging for surfacing information for better troubleshooting.
- Uses a dedicated key in each plugin to control its enablement. This replaces a “PluginsDisabled” array.
- Backwards compatibility is provided via support for disabling any plugin added to this array; however, the array will be emptied on each agent’s run.
- Administrative permissions are no longer needed to submit logs for review
- Cleanup of outdated code and functions
ABOUT THE UPDATE PROCESS
- Automatic deploy release on Wednesday, 11 May 2021, visit your Installers Page to initiate early release.
- The auto-update process will apply to computers as they perform their hourly check in.
- Not receiving updates across your install base? How to handle out-of-date agents.
- These are known issues.